Friday 8 June 2012

Course Reflection

       Wow, what an amazing journey!!  I am doing my masters in the Admin. and leadership stream and this is my last course.  I decided to take it because it is an elective for me and I thought that it would be something different than the other courses I have taken.  I believed that it would be a course that would be helpful for my current practise.   I had no idea that I would learn so much in this one course.
       The first night of course was overwhelming for me.  I use technology all the time.  I am very used to using computers and do a lot of work on them; nevertheless, I had not ever read or created a blog and the task seemed scary.  I really wondered after that first class if I had made a mistake but I have never looked back after that first night.
       In a short time, I realised that a blog is a great tool for sharing thoughts, ideas, resources and so much more.  My favourite nights were those that we created graphic organisers and blogs to show our learning and share information on different topics.  It was amazing to me that we could create such wonderful resources in such a short time.  I am excited to start using blogs with my students.  I plan to use ischool and have my students start blogging to show their learning.  They will LOVE it!
       I think that what this course has taught me above all is that I don't need formal training and hours of PD to start using AT.  There are so many resources available at the touch of a few keys. I know I can find AT that will be beneficial for students with any range of challenges.  I am excited to try new apps and computer programs to help all my students reach their potential.  I will not be afraid of trying a new program because I know that with a little persistence I will pick it up with no problem. 
      This course has shown me that although I am done my masters I still have much to learn.  My journey with AT has really just begun and I look forward to using what I have learned to date as a foundation for future learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment